Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Insult to Injury

Yesterday I received a call from a woman at a staffing agency. She found my resume on one of the staffing sites, and was interested in hooking me up with a CSR position in acton. She was looking to interview today, apparently she had an urgent problem to solve.

It paid several dollars an hour less than what I'm looking for, but I figured I would sign up on their staffing website. I wrote the woman back within the hour to say I didn't think I would be able to take a full time position all the way out in Acton with my current commitments in downtown Boston.

Dear readers: in my resume career objective section, it says I am looking for a part-time position on the top of the page. I am very clear with my goals.

Apparently she was frustrated that I was no longer interested in being the fix to her staffing problem. I received an email lecture back, about how this woman knows some very nice musicians, who, while very good at their "hobby" (ugh!), needed to pay the bills. Apparently I have to "make a choice" between my professional and creative lives.

I'm pretty sure this is verbatim the lecture I received from my high school nurse.

Needless to say, I made my choice quickly and deleted her email.

No comments:

Post a Comment