Friday, August 27, 2010

Get Organized

Paul Russel, (a casting director whose blog I read every week) recommended making an outline of career goals. He admitted that the example he posted may not have been entirely realistic in scope, but still a good exercise, and a good structure to fall back on. Having booked the lead in Joy and the Apocalypse, I am now booked straight through mid-october. I think I have hit my ceiling as far as non-union film goes. So, I wrote up a game plan for the rest of the year that has me on track for my SAG card by 2011.

P3 seems geared up to start submitting for acting work...eventually. I need to pick my branch manager's brain about that at my photoshoot next week. If they don't start submitting me for things, and soon, I will be out shopping around for acting representation.

My business cards have started to pay off. I gave one to one of the photographers at the Mission Park premiere, and he's already contacted me about doing portfolio work.

I've signed up with an entertainment company to be a Victorian Christmas caroler this coming winter. I can accept or decline jobs as I see fit.

Yesterday I applied for a part time marketing job with ZipCar. It would basically be like a long term promo with consistent hours. Today I signed up on SoloGig.com--its aimed at consultants and contract jobs. I applied for a part-time job as a marketing assistant in lexington. The hours are flexible, and its close by.

Today I have an audition for a film called Vietnam Redux. It should prove interesting.

Aaand that's about it for now. Stay tuned, loyal readers!

No comments:

Post a Comment