Thursday, August 26, 2010

The Morning After

Yesterday was slightly insane.

I put up my hair in pin curls, so it could both sit under wigs all day, and have an instant hair style for the premiere. I was way too proud of pulling that off.

While I was getting in my costume and wig at the Garment District, I got a call from the director of Joy and the Apocalypse, they wanted to cast me in the lead role. I sent them my rehearsal schedule for Enron, as that's my only conflict right now.

The Halloween commercial shoot was a lot of fun. I think I actually want to use some of my Marilyn Monroe footage for gag at the end of my demo reel. After several round of dress-up, the boy picked me up, we booked it to Watertown to change and primp, and back to Harvard Square for the premiere of Mission Park. My hair lasted long enough to get past the photographers; considering the past four days of rain, I'll consider that a victory.

It was good to see the High Heel Samurai/Mission Park core cast, and I got some good schmoozing done. I made friends with a couple photographers, sealed a role in a friend's campy atomic age queer film, and reconnected with some acting acquaintances. The icing on the cake was that my modeling agents came, courtesy of my co-star and agency-mate also in the film. They made a point of saying they liked what they saw, and how glad they were to sign us.

This morning I looked like hell on wheels on the commuter rail home, but I'd say it was worth it.

No comments:

Post a Comment