Monday, August 2, 2010

Theater is 90% Rejection

The Stiletto Singers said that while I made the decision difficult, they don't have a role to offer me right now. They'd like to have me available as an "on call singer". Harrumph.

I went to an audition for a pilot called Boston Ballistics on Saturday. The director and his partners have a sound stage down in Taunton; a second round of auditions was held there sunday. They were well organized, to the point, and seemed like really great guys. The one role my type was a down on her luck girl from Southie. I felt good about my reading, but "damaged" and "strung out" aren't exactly the first things I read as.

As I was walking out to my car the director ran out and stopped me. Knowing me, I assumed I had left my phone in the audition room. It turned out he's starting another tv show, kind of a traveling talent show out of a van, where passers by have two minutes to do "their thing" for the camera, and he wanted me to host it! No details on when it will start, or compensation, but it's a connection I'm glad to have made.

Today I have two auditions: One for a corporate spokesperson, and another for murder mystery dinner theater in Lexington. The former would be a steady, paying gig, and the latter would pay per performance.

Also, I first goal achieved of the week: business cards were ordered yesterday morning, and they are slated to arrive two days before my agency party. On to the next!

No comments:

Post a Comment