Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Grrr, Aaarg....

Second goal accomplished: I updated my promo resume. Such a hap-hazard little industry, there's no standard resume format. I also applied to be a Barbie impersonator in a couple weeks, but I haven't heard back from them.

I thought I had a job lead with a copyediting company based in Waltham. They responded to my cover letter and resume very quickly, and sent me a screener. I guess I didn't do well enough on the screener, because I haven't heard from them in two days. Damn. Perhaps its time to revisit Strunk & White.

Also, a small bit of frustration on the student film side.

I signed onto a project a couple months ago. I read for a lead character, who isn't quite my type, and was cast as smaller character who is far more 'me'. The director sent out several versions of the schedule, doing his best to accommodate everyone's plans and needs. This is all well and good.

A couple weeks ago I got an email asking if I would mind playing the lead character I auditioned for. I said I'm happy to, please keep me in the loop. And then all communication stopped.

I sent emails to the director, AD, and director again asking what role I was playing, as I'm a busy girl, and have auditions I need to get to.

I started getting daily call sheets from the AD...and still no response to my questions. Due to construction, actors dropping out, and whatever drama else, the entire schedule was pushed back by almost a week, rendering all schedule checking moot.

Finally got a response from the director, who said had I been playing the lead role, he would have still wanted me for the character role, but they got the lead actress back....can I rehearse this week? I said yes, and asked please sir, when are we slated to shoot?

And I haven't heard back.

While I understand that it's a student film, and we are all in the learning process, I am frustrated. Being disorganized is one thing, and this being the first film to shoot at the Paramount soundstage on Emerson campus, there are bound to be a few wrinkles here and there. However, what bothers me is the unresponsiveness of the director and crew. If I hadn't recently become unemployed, I would be in no situation to wait around on an email this morning to see if they want me to rehearse today. At this point I have no idea when I'm wanted on set.

Complaining to anyone involved with accomplish nothing other than labeling myself as a diva. So I guess I'll fester over here, and hope for a union card in my future.

No comments:

Post a Comment