Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Someone's got a case of the Tuesdays

Not a lot of good job postings today. Yesterday I applied to be a proofreader in the Alumni Relations department at Harvard University, and for a merchandising job with a company called Crossmark. I doubt Crossmark would pay enough...but no way to know unless they offer me a job.

Last night I auditioned for Enron, the play, for Zeitgeist at the BCA. All actors receive the same stipend. I'm too young for the one female character but there will be an ensemble. I'd be receiving that call/email before tomorrow afternoon.

They had us read from the script opposite other auditionees, and I found myself paired with local Casting Director Kevin Fenessey. We joked about going against type (he looks nothing like the late Kenneth Lay, I couldn't pass for 40 if I tried), and I enjoyed reading with him. Hurrah for unexpected fortuitous networking. I thanked him on facebook this morning for reading with me.

I have general auditions for the ART friday morning, and callbacks for the lead in Joy and the Apocalypse Saturday. Speak Easy isn't seeing non-eqs this week after all, but they said a non-equity call would be announced later. Rehearsal continues for Boston Ballistic on Wednesday, shooting starts this weekend. Saturday I also auditioned for a short film called Wasted Youth. The director knew townie friends and Ithaca friends of mine.

Last but not least, I've gone back to putting in regular hours at my dad's office. I cannot wait until his office moves and is set up. I am not a fan of the cardboard file boxes, but unemployed blondes can't be choosers.


2 comments:

  1. I work for Crossmark. They SUCK. Just a warning. They promise the hours and you don't get them. I am lucky to get 2 shifts a week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the heads-up Phyllis! Most merchandising jobs seem to go that way...

    ReplyDelete