Sunday, August 22, 2010

Lazy Sunday

I'm doing a major overhaul of my real-world resume. Previously, it lacked a career objective and a qualification summary. These changes were recommended by guidelines on a few Boston staffing group websites...and the resume looked at bit sparse anyhow.

Before the week is out, I need to come up with a good, inoffensive 300 word writing sample. Thus far the only writing jobs that have responded to my inquiries are "blogging" positions whose only real purpose is to drive up keyword counts and google traffic. I am beginning to be unsure if my usual strategy of "bullshit my way into the first job and allow my skills to float me" will work in the proofreading/editing vein.

Callbacks for Joy and the Apocalypse went very well yesterday. Not only did they like my read, but they told me the loved my attitude as well. The director said he'd contact me within three days.

I was slated to work with one of my agency's photographers monday evening, but I've learned (via Facebook, of course), that his camera has died. I had been planning on shopping for some wardrobe, but am reluctant to spend any money on a shoot that might not happen.

No comments:

Post a Comment