Tuesday, September 28, 2010

September is mostly gone

Which puts me all the closer to my end of the year deadline!
By the end of the year, I want to have a finished (polished) demo reel, and membership in SAG or AFTRA. I hope that my agency will have its acting submissions figured out by then, and if it does not, I anticipate throwing a lot of money at Actors Access come pilot season in January.

I enjoyed working with the crew at Nesson Media last week. Every last person was a film production professional who had been working on all the feature films coming through Boston. The last one to come through was What's your Number?, and it seems everyone has been waiting for the work to come back.

Game plan to go union:

Option A) requires another feature film to come through. I book work in background, and quickly buy my AFTRA membership. If I can get 4-5 days of work, it will basically pay for itself.
Offshoot of Option A) Actually get those background SAG vouchers. Make friends with the 1st AD on set? Not really sure how to go about that.

Option B) Buy my way into AFTRA, and eat the loss because no work shows up.

Option C) (preferable, but the least likely) book principal work on a SAG or AFTRA project between now and January. I can dream.

I've been stalking my actor friends' demo reels online. I know I need a couple more projects to flesh it out. Right now I want to include High Heel Samurai, Sexually Frank, my PSA from Mission Park if I can get it, (mysterious future project here), and a shot of my Marilyn Monroe wind-skirt moment from the Garment District commercial. I'm fortunate enough to have a friend who edits and produces DVDs professionally, so I know it will be well-presented. Just need to flesh out that content.

No comments:

Post a Comment