Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Passive-Agressive Non-response?

So of the two photographers I mentioned last post, one continues to email me. Thus far, he's sent me a (poorly lit) photo of a kid on an electric toy car, two photos of a woman in lingerie and a fur coat in her bathtub, and an e-postcard of photos he took at the Mission Park premiere. While I don't believe he has any ulterior motives, his persistence in emailing me (supposed proof that he is capable of good photos?) is bothersome. I sent him an email a few days ago explaining why the photos from our shoot were unusable. He wanted to do a 1950s pinup shoot with me, and had been linking me to places to buy period-correct undergarments. However, at this point it seems apparent he has no lighting equipment (necessary for pinup...and most other shoots), and our shoot at my place made it more than clear that he isn't quite sure how to utilize natural light.

Lighting and equipment aside, none of the shots given to me flatter, or have any sense of composition. If it were just the lighting, then I could potentially take them to a photoshop-savvy friend...but I am hard pressed to find a photo that merits that effort.

I do feel bad. He seems like a nice enough guy, but the way in which he has latched onto me is disconcerting. I've resolved to send him a clearer message... next time he emails me. Oof.

No comments:

Post a Comment