Friday, September 17, 2010

Getting Sick of Being Poor

I was talking with my dad yesterday, and he made a good point. Talking about being poor while in college can feel informed and relevant, but means absolutely nothing out in the real world. Now I'm actually here, and being poor sucks.

I am starting to realize what a fluke my job with Mosaic was. A part-time job that paid well that I enjoyed now seems completely unattainable. I do somewhat regret not taking their offer for full-time, but the grass is always greener when you're unemployed.

Real world jobs I've applied for in the past couple days: Theater Marketing position at Suffolk, Seasonal Marketing Coordinator for H&R Block, and a supporting marketing position for a biochem marketing firm in Cambridgeport. The last one doesn't pay as well as I'd like, but they advertise a free T pass and flexible hours. I could really use both of those things. I also spoke with my dad about putting hours in at his office again. Now that I have a decent handle on the next month or so of my schedule, it would be nice to have the income.

I've received a few phone calls from promo companies I've worked for in the past, and companies who found my profile off NARMS. They either want me to work on weekends (damn promos), or want to offer me merchandising jobs for 5 (yes five, I am not exaggerating), hours a week. I suppose the good news is that my resume and track record are strong enough to warrant being called in the first place.

No comments:

Post a Comment