Saturday, September 25, 2010

Its been a long week..

...but a fabulous one!

Tuesday I went back to Charles MGH. I had previously participated in a well-paying psyche study, and to my ( and my checking account's) delight, they called me in for another one. While the paycheck still has three weeks before it will show up, it's good money for one afternoon pressing buttons while getting an MRI.

Thursday I shot a scene for a language video with Nesson Media. Not only was production base camp in the back room of my favorite bar on Moody Street, but the entire team was great. I made friends with my scene partner, my MUA, wardrobe stylist, and Production Manager. Enron postcards and business cards were distributed, and fabulous connections were made. They even finished shooting ahead of schedule, and booked me for two more days of work. Woohoo!

Enron opened last night to a very nice turnout. It feels great to be doing live theater for an audience again. Dear readers: please come! Tickets can be found at BostonTheatreScene.com . If the $30 is too steep, please come to our pay-what-you-can wednesday night shows!

And last night, a casting director emailed me directly about a role. Its fabulous to be remembered. I cannot make the open call time for the film, but I wrote her back hoping we can work something out.

Real world employment update: I don't want to jinx it, but one of my previously mentioned seasonal opportunities has contacted me with a fabulous hourly rate, and is hoarding me away from other recruiters at her company. Updates to follow when the job is confirmed...

No comments:

Post a Comment