Thursday, September 9, 2010

Hurry Up and Wait

So the frequency of my posts is dwindling, but I am confident this is a temporary setback. The good news is that I am busy, and am booked solid into November. Being this busy, I have to wait for projects that would fit into my schedule, which accounts for my lack of blogging about auditions.

I also tend not to blog about the day-do-day rehearsal process. I don't think its relevant to the goals of this blog. "I'm sore from being a velociraptor!" "I rehearsed on my co-star's kickass roof garden!" "My director smells!"
Meh. Refraining from blogging on the day-to-day rehearsals (unless something really exciting happens, of course) also keeps me from venting when I have particularly frustrating days on set. Part of my personal code of professionalism includes keeping my complaints to myself, my boyfriend, and my cat. (Edgar, my cat, is a fabulous listener).

I've continued my quest for day jobs. Yesterday someone called me having found my profile on NARMS. Sadly, they wanted me for a weekend position.

I've applied for another job through mosaic. Its 25 hours a week, and temporary from mid October through January. It would be a great fit for me, and I am hoping their recruiters will call me soon.

I continue to look on monster.com, careerbuilder, and craigslist daily. When my schedule slows down I think I might take out books on photoshop and website building from the library. As secondary skills to my editing, I think they could be useful.

Lastly, I've started applying to promo jobs again. As I learn more about SAG and AFTRA rules and itch to work more in the industry, I worry if I want to make a commitment of a year plus to any Boston company. Right now the most appealing option seems to be to stay in Boston for the forseeable future, but attend auditions in NY, and bus out for any work.

No comments:

Post a Comment