Thursday, December 2, 2010

Seriously Neglected Blog

Let's recap on all the things I missed:

SpeakEasy had a non-union call; I did not receive an appointment. Right now my 'stage' resume is a little straight-play heavy, which has lead to the inevitable Musical Theater resume. Once I polish all three incarnations, it will be time for some serious stapling and cutting so I can easily grab whichever version I need before an audition.

I modeled for Dawnamatrix again at the Deviant Ball at Machine. I had an excellent time, and need to remember to email her about the photos.

I auditioned for a rock band, and they liked me! They're a bit older than me, but they're looking for an attractive (trained) musician to record vocals and shop for a record deal. They have an outer-space theme; I think I'd make an excellent android vocalist. I warned them I'd be off-radar for a week or so. I'd really like to sing for them without coming straight from talking to people for 8 hours straight. Damn need for a job.

I went to New York to carol for TJ Maxx and Marshalls. I had been hoping that due the client presence and visibility of the NY market, that promos would have a higher level of accountability than Boston. So much for that idea. Wednesday was officially declared 'rained out', so I missed out on the second day of work. I wasn't pleased about that, but I made an actor friend, and got to see friends in New Jersey.

Actors Access won't let me write notes for casting submissions now, so I can't link to my film clips. Boooo. I'm still submitting for roles, but it really presses the need for a finished demo reel.

I quit working for Busy Bee promotions. I cannot fathom why any company would send me a time, address, and product for a demo that I'm not supposed to work. The fact that they don't 'have time' to filter that out before it gets to me speaks to their disorganization and lack of professionalism.

Overall, I'm about halfway through the "make money during christmas season" plan. I'm fairly pleased with it, but still looking for more Monday-Wednesday gigs to snap up. I will also go back to my goal of blogging 3x a week. I swear. Hopefully.

1 comment:

  1. Sorry you had to bail early on us, we'll hit the brewery next time you are in the Garden State!

    ReplyDelete