Tuesday, December 7, 2010

No More Christmas Carols...

The worst part of my current job is easily the incessant christmas carols being pumped into every store. No one can escape Mariah Carey. Speaking of, I need to figure out when exactly this current job ends, so I can apply for every last scrap of other work available.

I received word that one of my student films ("Nighthawks") is nearly done, and will be screened and printed to DVD this coming week. One step closer to that elusive demo reel...

I've made plans to do a photoshoot with the DP from "That Late Thursday Night". A new headshot would be lovely, but if I walk away with a good casual 3/4 body shot I'll be happy.

I've registered for a few higher-end promo companies based in NYC. My search for a sublet is premature, as anything listed now will be irrelvant/gone by the time I'm able to relocate.

I'm finding myself increasingly frustrated with my unavailability. I think the real killer right now is my lack of weekends--it nearly eliminates my chances of working on most student films and indies. Nearly all the projects listed on Actors Access seem to be posted about a week in advance, though I submit myself for the rare few listed for January and after. I find myself anxiously re-checking the prices of the online Backstage subscription, only to realize I'd be wasting a month of my expensive membership.

Lastly: outside of the professional and/or Equity calls, I've decided not to audition for more theater in the Boston area. Yes, I do need to keep working, but I'd rather not make long term commitments based on a $200 stipend and a bit role in a musical revival. New goal: land underpaid theater in New York, and start networking the crap out of it. Soon as I'm available, at least...

No comments:

Post a Comment