Tuesday, December 28, 2010

In which Maya Calls about a Sublet

I may have found the perfect sublet. It's in brooklyn, $800/month, and comes with two cats. Its near the A,C train, so I can get to Manhattan easily enough. I called the subletter, and we're going to email back and forth. Woohoo.

The rough cut of Sexually Frank is making the rounds on Emerson campus to very positive reviews. I've been talking to Frankie about the film festival circuit, how submissions work, and what his feasible goals are. Yay for learning a tidbit about my industry. I've also told him I'm happy to go anywhere the film screens for interviews and PR purposes.

I've been cast, based on my photos and video clip, in an indie pilot called BeWare. The director has an internship and contacts lined up in LA in the summer, and plans to pitch it then. However, he's not looking to shoot until the spring. I'm happy to have anyone worthwhile in LA see my face...so the project will go on the back burner, providing I don't go union before it shoots.

I'm hoping to see a few emails responded to over the next few days as people recover from Christmas and the blizzard. I keep submitting for local film projects: anything that's not yet on my demo reel character wise where the people making it sound mostly competent gets an email.

No comments:

Post a Comment