Thursday, January 27, 2011

Where did the time go?

I have a skype date with my 3 prospective roomies tonight. The apartment is in Bushwick, about $700/month with utilities, near two train stops, and lasts for four months.

I landed an audition for the Manhattan Dolls! They're a company based in (you guessed it) Manhattan, that sends out trios of girls who sing Andrews sisters songs and the like at events. My resume passed their initial screener, and they asked me for a singing demo. Crap! I thought, as I don't have one of those. I managed to find the DVD of the 2009 Opera Class showcase at Sarah Lawrence, ripped my song with Audacity, and sent it off. They liked it, and I have an audition booked the afternoon of the 2nd.

If all else goes as planned, I will also be auditioning for The Gloucester Stage Company's production of The Most Happy Fella Feb 5th, and the North Shore Music Theater season some time in mid-march. I've also put an open background call for Boardwalk Empire on my calendar, though they may type me out because of my platinum hair.

With my pushed-forward move date, I'm now anxious for my 8x10 paper to arrive. Damn you, media mail.

1 comment: