Friday, January 21, 2011

Setbacks

So my apartment fell through.

Since I established contact with the landlady about a month ago, I had been under the impression that because I called her first, I was first in line for the apartment. In our correspondence since, she has repeatedly mentioned the importance of my having called her first.

I had booked a bus trip on tuesday, returning wednesday. Tuesday the bus schedule was canceled due to snow; I traveled to New York City and back wednesday, to come meet this woman. I met with her, the apartment was gorgeous, and our conversation went well. (The conversation we had in the house was the first mention I got of not necessarily being first in line). Later, I received a call from my boss that the landlady had indeed called her as a reference, and that my boss had given her a glowing review.

I got an email yesterday saying she felt bad, because I came out all the way from Boston, but she offered the apartment to someone else.

So I feel misled, and am now out one living space. Anybody need subletter for february and march?

No comments:

Post a Comment