Thursday, October 21, 2010

A Hell of a Town

The inevitable has happened-- I've started considering relocating to New York. I find myself continuing to wait for work that local casting directors and "industry professionals" promise will arrive...to find a big fat nothing.

I am a little sad that I've locked up my weekends for the foreseeable future. It has put a real dent in my ability to take on student films, which leaves me with an incomplete reel. I need to start seeing what older footage I can get my hands on from High Heel Samurai and student films.

On the to-do list for today: renew my StageSource membership, and sign up for ShowFax on Actors Access. I don't know how much work I can realistically submit myself for with my limited availability, but I think its worth a shot.

On the list for the near future: get a new headshot. One with my hair down, looking prettier than I do in the old headshot.

Game plan now that weekends are unavailable: earn as much money as humanly possible this Christmas season to prepare for probable moving expenses.

My current commitments have me in Boston through the end of January. I guess we'll see if work magically shows up between now and then.

No comments:

Post a Comment