Friday, July 23, 2010

Well, I've been 'consolidated' for two days now...

And I'm realizing how impatient I am.
Next week I've booked a non-union video shoot for an iPhone app, I have callbacks for a women's singing group, and an audition for a non-union feature film. Can't complain there.

As far as 'real' employment is concerned, I've put my profile up again on NARMS (National Association for Retail Marketing Services), and updated my resume on the Mosaic (company I'll be working for until August 1st). I've applied for a week of promo work sampling cereal in Mid-August, but I've found little else mentioned in the categories I listed yesterday.

Category 6: Retail.
I'm very bad with sales. I think consumerism is, on the whole, bad for us. So, I feel guilty trying to send people home with things like all-in-one-hot-beverage-brewers. Like they really need those things.

Having previously ignored the option, the thought occurred to me that I could probably land a job as an ASM at a GameStop, seeing as almost every last Gamestop Manager in the Boston area knows and likes me. There's also the option of applying to work at the Garment District (where I already model) from now until Halloween. I'm already an employee, and I have extensive experience in costuming and stage makeup. The latter job probably wouldn't pay well, and would result in the added expense of taking the commuter rail, in lieu of paying for parking in Cambridge. The former, as my dad put it yesterday, "will kill [my] soul".

So there's option Six. Back to the daily grind...

No comments:

Post a Comment