Friday, July 30, 2010

Specialization

I'm streamlining my resume to look more office-friendly. Sorry, SLC costume shop and NSMT PA experience, you don't speak to my organizational skills nor my ability to bend a fax machine to my will. My work resume has also been the ugly stepsister to my acting resume for far too long. So, this morning I'm tweaking the formatting, and stressing my office experience and skills.

I'm always hesitant about putting my experience at my dad's office on my resume. I hope that five years in one office will relate reliability instead of nepotism. We'll see.

As of yesterday afternoon I have auditions for four paying film gigs this week--One spokesperson and three feature films. I'm still waiting to hear from The Stiletto Singers. Shooting for an Emerson student film the 8th and 9th. Speakeasy announced their musical season. There's no word on what they're asking for at the audition. I'm hard pressed to find a song that would be good for both NINE and The Drowsy Chaperone. Hopefully they'll give me two.

I also find it highly ironic that I lose my job the same month that I have my first red-carpet premiere. Kind of takes away my excuse to go buy one of those prom dresses on clearance. Ah well.

No comments:

Post a Comment