Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Not bad for my second full day in New York

At 9am this morning I received a phone call regarding one of my countless submissions on Actors Access. This one was for a spokesmodel gig at fashion week. They asked if I could be there at 11. I put on my pretty face, figured out the wonky train transfers (I'm still afraid of the bus routes), and got there early!

It was a quick and painless read. The group producing the video seemed small and new, but they seemed to like me. My fellow readers were, on the whole, less than intimidating.

This evening I went to the first of my Access to Agents class with casting director Paul Russel. My resume is in far poorer shape than I had thought. So much for my professor passing it around my Auditioning class at Sarah Lawrence as an example.
I'm actually excited about my homework. Ordering fancy paper and labels and reformatting my resume sounds like a blast. Yes, I realize I'm a nerd.

On the way home, I picked myself up a six-pack of the Sam Adams winter lager. I think a nice beer is good at the end of a good day.

No comments:

Post a Comment