Friday, February 25, 2011

Networking FTW!

Tuesday night I sent a facebook message to a friend who had been my music director in multiple shows back at Sarah Lawrence. I said hi, and asked what he was up to. He responded by asking me if I wanted to audition for the show he's currently MDing. Of course I did!

The show is called Honestly Abe, about president young President Lincoln previous to his move to Springfield. It turns the out the director is also someone I know from school.

So, I knew two people in the audition room very well. I sang very well. Nehemiah thinks its curious I'm still calling myself a Mezzo (I have a secret fear I'm a dramatic soprano. More on that later), and Josh asked me about my dance experience. I got the slow, respectful nod from the producer/manager, and could not have been more pleased with how it went.

Well, maybe if my hair had had a few less flyaways.

Saturday I've also got an audition for the All-American Genderf*ck Cabaret. Let's get some work and invite important industry people to see it!

No comments:

Post a Comment