Thursday, November 4, 2010

Its not my fault, I was in Seattle!

...and lugging my laptop through two airports seemed like no fun at all.

My staged reading of The Elephant Man went well. We performed for a small but enthusiastic audience at a church in Newton. I think Mrs. Kendal is a good role for me, but in order to include it I'd have to put a 'staged reading' section on my resume and eat up valuable space. Hmm.

I've landed two student films in the past week. One shoots this friday night in Boston, and the other next week in Fitchburg. I'm rather partial to the script for the latter, but since its undergrad BFA season I'm looking to snap up as much reel material as possible.

Speaking of reels, I've realized that my Actors Access profile is sadly lacking in video. Because they charge per minute, I think I am going to hold off until I have a reel, rather than pay for five minutes of video from one movie. Does anyone have experience of this, and hold the magical knowledge of what "they" are looking for?

I have an audition for Shakespeare Now next week. While it would put the investigating New York plan on hiatus, it would pay my bills doing Shakespeare. That would be...more than okay.

I spent the past two nights at the Dresden Dolls reunion shows at the Wilbur theater, and must give a shout out to last night's opener, Bitter Ruin. They're a voice/guitar duo from the UK, and theatrical and warped in all the right ways. Check them out. Now. Seriously.

No comments:

Post a Comment