Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Chipping Away

I blame my recent bout of productivity on a book lent to me by a friend--'Getting Stuff Done' is rocking my world.

I sent out gorgeous mailers to two Boston-based CDs (RIPD is rumored to be the biggest movie shot in MA ever), and one NY based manager. More mailers will be sent after I get my new headshots from reproductions.

My Snowball microphone arrived, and I love it. The quality is far better than I thought I could afford, and I've already sent a first take of the Kickstarter cartoon. If I go SAG, I can bother my connections at Turbine for work. In the meantime, I should really take a VO demo class. Slash do research on what other people's demos sound like/feature/etc.

I've started revamping my audition book. Tearing pages got fixed, beautiful new dividers were installed, and songs I haven't sung in years were removed. I want to add a few things before I print out a song list to go in the front. I'm still searching for a contemporary belty uptempo---and the things that sit best in my voice are from Lippa. Really? Lippa? I need to find something better.

A couple setbacks-- apparently the footage I have from A Remarkable Appratus won't load on a PC, so I have to wait until I sit down to make my demo reel on someone else's Mac to pick and choose what I want. Sexually Frank, though it will play in Zune, will not edit in Windows Live Movie Maker (I wanted to slim it down to 45 seconds for Actors Access).

Also: I found someone on model mayhem who will take my swimsuit photos! Yay!

I really should clean my room. That's an idea.


No comments:

Post a Comment