Monday, August 8, 2011

$200 To sing on your stage? No thank you.

Yes, really.

I applied on Backstage.com for a showcase called 'Bound for Broadway'. An accompanist fee doesn't seem so outlandish, and being expected to sell tickets sounds pretty normal, right? Except when I received instructions, they read that I can pay for the tickets I sell with a money order written out to a person, not a company or group. So unless I can guarantee 10 friends will fork over money, and then buy two overpriced drinks to hear me sing one song, I am out $200. Yes, I want good video of me singing. I think I can do better than that, however.

I drafted a cover letter to send to CP Casting back in Boston today. They're in charge of principal casting for R.I.P.D., which looks to be the biggest movie to ever shoot in the state. I doubt that many MA actors are sending fancy mailers. We can only hope they need some blonde day-players.

I found a USB microphone with fantastic reviews online. I'm going to transfer some funds from my savings for the mic, and my new batch of Reproductions head shots. Frankie (of Sexually Frank fame) wants me to do VO work for some cartoons he's written, so I'll immediately have VO material to work with. Woo!

There's a possibly equity production of Pirates of Penzance going up in Dedham, MA. I'll be returning for that audition to sing for Edith. One day I'll be old enough for Ruth...

I've resolved to stop stressing myself out about bartending applications until the end of the month, when I hear what is going on with the Kinect program. Trying to handle two jobs and my acting stuff is too much.

I've kept up running 3x a week, as well as doing an ab-focused video that kicks my ass. My body composition has been changing, and as such I'm on the hunt for new full body pictures. I spent a good half hour submitting to photogs on Model Mayhem today, hopefully one will pull through, and I will have proof that I am skinny/toned enough to get more work.

2 comments:

  1. I looked it up and the theatre in Dedham is not equity as far as I know? ... or else I would be auditioning

    ReplyDelete
  2. Phyllis- The audition listing says they are applying for union status, so definitely not a sure thing, but something I can be optimistic about. Maybe an equity guest contract?

    ReplyDelete