Saturday, July 9, 2011

Keep Truckin'

In the past two weeks I have applied to countless jobs, interviewed for five, postponed one, and been stood up for two. Thursday I found out that I was expected to provide my own costume for a promo, and haul the materials around for the duration of the month. The brick wall I continue to hit is that I have no manhattan bartending/serving experience, let alone 3-5 years of it. Where did everyone else get their start?

In other news, I've started running regularly. All my runner friends were right-- I feel better the rest of the day--I'm more energized, and less cranky. I also have been putting my hula hoop to good use. Take that, abdominals!

I have the sneaking suspicion that my old Oscar Wilde project has fallen through, so I've started applying for all kinds of theater gigs I can find. I can't afford to be in classes at the moment, so I have to get myself working. I'm trying to focus on musical theater credits, but I'll take what I can get at this point.

I'm trying to be less cranky about the whole situation. We'll see how that goes.

No comments:

Post a Comment