Wednesday, November 2, 2011

I have rehearsal tonight!

I am currently on the bus from New York to boston. With the help of tea and power-naps, tonight I will be ready for my first rehearsal for Pirates of Penzance. Yay!

(The period/greater than key finally fell off my laptop. That's gonna want some Macguyver-ing when I get home.)

Let's recap:

I was called in for a Chicago run of Hairspray last monday.I was very pleased with how I sang (belt mix on a high F? No problem) and read. The director seemed to like my adjustment, and the pianist said I did a good job. I haven't been called back, but it was a good audition.

I started shooting an NYU student film called 'Electric Sugar'. We had some casting setbacks, and will resume shooting in early spring.

I was called in for a Sci-Fi/Noir indie pilot. They liked my monologue, and said they'd be calling me in with specific sides in the near future.

I have an audition for a webseries based on Nightwing, but until I receive my complete Pirates schedule, I don't know if I can attend. I shot them an email, and they're okay with a video audition. They also want to see how I'll look in the costume--but I can come up with photos of me in fishnets, a leotard, and leather jacket no problem.

Monday was agent night with Paul Russell. I was pleased with how I did--the biggest criticism I received is that my song choice wasn't vocally challenging enough for my (suspected) abilities, and that I played it a bit safe. I need to send thank you cards to both Paul and the agents.
Paul gave my class a shout-out on facebook, saying we were among the most talented and put together he's seen. And no, he did no such thing the last time I took the class.

All in all, it was a very good couple of weeks. I sent all of my agent mailer stationery back to MA, so I can continue to assemble submissions while out of NYC. Auditions slow down in December, so that should provide a nice lull to see if I can get seen.

No comments:

Post a Comment